Saturday, January 16, 2010

Violin Practice in the Airport Terminal

Q has been studying the violin by the Suzuki Method since around March
2008 at the amazing Karyn Grove-Bruce studio in Anchorage. He has
missed exactly one day of practice during that time... 12.25.08 to be
precise.

Sooooooo... Stranded at SEA-TAC for a day?

No problem.

The travellers in N Terminal were serenaded with May Song, O' Come
Little Children, Go Tell Aunt Rody and Song of the Wind.

If we got a nickel for everyone who tipped our burgeoning busker...
we'd have collected exactly zero nickels toward his future education
at the Curtis Institute in Philly.

I shot the photo in color, then turned it black and white in the
Photogene app. I greatly increased contrast to obscure Qs features
(I'm not yet to the point where I want total strangers looking at my
son), and then used the Color Splash app to recolor the violin and bow.

Fun exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


View My Stats