Thursday, February 4, 2010

Walking on Bonaire



#35
02.04.10

Photo 
 
In a break from tradition, today's featured photo was not taken the same day the blog entry was prepared.  I've been trying to post photos I've freshly taken the day of preparing the blog, but that just isn't going to work today.  I awoke very early this morning sneezing from a new cold, and want to get in to bed early tonight.


What better way to shrug off the sniffling and sneezing than to reflect on those warm white sandy beaches of the Caribbean that I was able to enjoy less than two weeks ago?  


I took this photo of my own footprints on Sorobon Beach in Bonaire exactly two weeks ago tomorrow (Thursday).  You'll probably be concerned upon noticing my left foot abducts more than my right, and then you'll likely presume I have a left-longer-than-right leg length discrepancy causing hyperpronation on the longer side and supination on the shorter side.  You'll then inquire as to whether or not I have orthotics, to which I'd respond "Are you kidding me?  Do you know how much those quack podiatrists charge for custom molded orthotics?!"

I really fell in love with Bonaire the one day we spent there.  The interior of the island was all cactus; the exterior coast was all white sandy beach.  It was impossibly clean, and the people were amazingly fun and pleasant.  A sublime and picturesque place, for sure.  

Here is a shot of the capital, Kralendijk, captured from the back of the Caribbean Princess where I was enjoying a piña colada:


 
 
Music

One of my favorite songs all time is Walking on the Moon by the Police.  I will post that as a secondary song for this blog, but don't want to feature it because it's already familiar and known to everyone.  So I will feature the cover by Cas Haley, a pudgy white kid from Texas that sings as if he were born and raised on Jamiaca (or Bonaire!).  I first saw him, I am quite ashamed to admit, on a tv show from a few years ago called America's Got Talent, or something like that.  The dude just waddled out to the center of the stage and let this song rip.  Within moments David Hasselhoff literally froze in the middle of applying baby oil to his exposed chest hair at the judges table, and you knew the song was as cool as the other side of the pillow (I borrowed that expression from Stu Scott).

So with me feeling sick, and wanting to relive some of the warmth and sun of the Caribbean, and relating these sentiments to the reggae-style of this song which covers one of my all-time favorite tunes, and the fact that my footsteps in the sand might resemble footprints on the moon, all led to the photo and song selection tonight.

Tonight's brevity is a special gift from me to you.

Until tomorrow... thank you for looking, listening and reading.  CCE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


View My Stats