Monday, February 15, 2010

Starlite (City) Diner

   
  
#46
02.15.10
 
Photo
 
We went to breakfast at our favorite weekend  joint, City Diner in Midtown Anchorage, again today as we have many times before.  Nevertheless, everything looked different today.  This time I arrived keeping a close lookout for that next potentially beautiful and interesting photograph, something I've learned to do since 01.01.10.  Though I'd seen these shiny counters, refrigerated dessert case, colorful beer taps, stainless steel espresso machine and mirrored decor a hundred times before; today I finally saw them.
   

Any time there is a blitzkrieg of light, color and reflection... I'll be sure to capture an image of it these days.  Here are a few more shots I took of the place while we waited to be seated:



  
  
Music
 
Today's musical feature goes back to Ryan Adams who was featured back in entry #16 with the lonely Evergreen.  Now we're listening to his softly paranoid song Starlite Diner off the THIRD album he released within the calendar year of 2005, entitled '29'.  Talk about prolific!


Starlite Diner is a lovely, lovely listen.  It sounds to me like his date is a mere 15 minutes late for dinner at the diner, and this propels his psyche into a tailspin of melancholy and self-doubt, as if he's lost her forever.  I love how at the end she does shoes up, and with quiet relief he repeats "oh, there you are".
 
Parting Comments
 
My folks and my brother have been here in Alaska for 3 nights, now... and we've already enjoyed the fine food of Villa Nova, Moose's Tooth Pizzeria, and now City Diner.  Tonight we stay in for home cooked king crab with almond rice.  Between the cruise last month and their visit this month, I think my body is starting to believe I am a guest at a banquet hosted by Tymon of Athens.  I don't know how March is going to keep up with January and February... but it better start planning NOW, because my expectations are currently running quite high.
 
Until tomorrow... thank you for looking, listening and reading.  CCE
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


View My Stats