Sunday, February 14, 2010

Your Boots

   
 
#45
02.14.10
  
Photo
  
These monochromatic and worm-holed boots make me ask questions to which I have no answers.  Shouldn't all good art make us ask the same questions?  Even still, I really don't know the "What, Where, When, Why, or How" of them; but I do know the "Who" of them (see below in Parting Comments).
  
The photo was easy to take, and I like how the one drop of red paint near the small toe of the right boot suggests the sculpture really is in color, even if just one color, and this isn't just a black and white reproduction of something.  
  
I really don't have much else to say about the piece or the photo, other than I find it interesting to look at.  I hope you do too. 
  
Here are a few more images I took at the exhibition:
  
 
 
 
 
Music
 
It has been a battle for me thus far to not post a song by the Eels in this blog.  So many of their songs have been on my radar, and finally in this entry and with these photos I have found a proper home for a nice track.  I really like them (him), and have a good friend at work who loves them (him) even more than I do.   Their (his) language and lyrical imagery are not meant for mass consumption; but I find it all to be beautiful, meaningful and interesting music just the same.  The Eels are really Mark Everett, who likes to go by "E", just like me.  To Lick Your Boots is a rather mellow and clean song for the Eels, so it is unlikely to offend anyone.  It has an easy, lilting tempo that I enjoy.  It comes off the 2005 double album Blinking Lights and Other Revelations. 
 
My favorite lines in this song, and the reason the song was featured with today's photo, are:
  
People spend their days
Trying to find new ways
To put you down
All over town
But they're not fit
To lick your boots.


Parting Comments
 
The images featured here were taken at the International Gallery of Contemporary Art in downtown Anchorage last month.  It was part of the Silent Sketches installation by artist Jessica Brown.  She also has nice mixed media artwork that I have seen online.
 
If the art above doesn't strike you as either interesting or beautiful, then perhaps this image I took through a store window that night while walking back to the car with T and Q might make proper amends:
 
 
Just in time for Valentine's Day... 
the Alaskan Fur Bikini!
Classy...  just plain Classy.
   
Until tomorrow... thank you for looking, listening and reading.  CCE
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


View My Stats