Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last Flowers

  
   
#90
03.31.10
 
Photo
  
T's birthday daffodils.
  
Not quite the sharp focus or contrast I achieved with the tulips post from yesterday; but I was still pleased.


 
Music

Last Flowers - Radiohead
 
At some point I posted the Thom Yorke track Atoms for Peace from his solo album 'Eraser', and likely apologized for not yet posting a song from Radiohead proper.  Well, today that finally ends!
  
If you were to ask me "What current band will stand the test of time and be revered forever?", I wouldn't hesitate to answer Radiohead.  
  
Artistic, musical, lyrical, poetic... stunning.
  
Now, I know good and well I'm not introducing hardly anyone to Radiohead (I try very hard to only post music from lesser known bands), but this track is off the beaten path in the Radiohead catalogue.  

It was recorded during the brilliant 'OK Computer' recordings, but didn't make the album.  It was later released as both studio and live versions in bonus material for the most choice 'In Rainbows' album; so perhaps even Radiohead fans have not heard it yet.
 
It is, in a word: Superb.
 
Incidentally, when I purchased the daffodils for T's birthday I was told by the flower seller that "These are the last daffodils of the season... so enjoy!"
 
Last flowers happily granted digital immortality in a stray iPhone photo blog.
   
CCE
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


View My Stats