Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Girl

 
  
#93
04.03.10
  
Photo

This is my dearest girl-cat Abigail.  I've introduced her in the past, but will give her more press today. 

We rescued her from a pet shop in Cherry Hill, NJ in the summer of '96 while we were living in Philadelphia.  She was the first pet we had adopted, and she changed our world immediately.  We currently have two other cats, and love them equally.  But this girl, this Abbie Cat, well... she has my heart.
On paper she is a purebred flame-point himalayan; though we think she's probably more of a cream-point.  Her fur is so extra fine and soft that it gets matted very easily.  T spends a lot of time each day making sure that doesn't happen, but everytime we go on vacation we can count on her suffering with them by the time we get back.  Poor girl!  So when that occurs, we take our petite little Grandma Abbie to the veterinarian's for a "lion cut"... which should be self-explanatory when you see the photos.

She has the energy of a kitten; the wisdom of an elder; the attitude of a Chow Chow; and a frame as slim as a dragonfly's.  She weighs less than 7 pounds, and that's before the lion cut is performed. 

I really like how the background fades to black with the bright subject in the foreground, bathed in natural sun light.  It worked so well with the tulips from a few days ago, and worked again to great effect with Abigail.
 
 
  
   
 
 
Music
 
My Girls - Animal Collective
 
AC are an exceptional progressive / experimental / psychedelic indie band out of Baltimore.  Though the group has several talented writers; in my opinion they are lead by Noah Lennox, a.k.a. Panda Bear.  I love his solo stuff (released as Panda Bear), so the Animal Collective stuff that has his signature sound are the tracks I most connect with.  This track is just such a song.

CCE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers


View My Stats