Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Has Sprung*

  
  
 #89
03.30.10
    
Photo
  
Ah, yes.  Anchorage, Alaska in March.  
  
70 degrees above zero.  
30% fixed humidity.  
Tulips in bloom.
  
Spring has sprung!*
  
*Well... inside, anyway.
  
Outside?  
  
38 degrees above zero, 35 degrees with windchill.  
68% humidity.
2+ feet of snow languishing on the yards.
Forecast calling for 2 inches of fresh white stuff overnight. 
    
Ah, yes.  Anchorage, Alaska in March.
  
I positively could not be any more pleased with these shots of my wife's birthday flowers.  My little 2 megapixel iPhone camera never ceases to amaze me; even at the 89th consecutive post.
    
     
    
Music
   
Flowers in December - Mazzy Star
 
Hope Sandoval... thank you for your patience.  

I adore all musical endeavors of Hope Sandoval; whether that be with the band Opal, or Mazzy Star, or her solo project Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions.
Brooding, dark, and slow psychedelia... my preferred cup o' tea.  

The fact that it has taken me so long to feature her is a crime, and I shall accept full punishment so long as that includes a plane ticket to see her perform live, permission to go backstage and grovel at her feet to beg proper forgiveness.
  
And 'Flowers in December' everywhere else does indeed equate to 'Flowers in March' when considering Alaska, I'd dare say.
 
CCE
   

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Tiff!! I love the light on the flowers and the black background! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this picture! The black background against the vivid colors was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, guys... i was worried the background (cupboards, ovens, refrigerator, etc.) would show up... but fortunately the brightness of the foreground seemed to wash out the background perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Followers


View My Stats